The Palace of the Infante Don Luis is located in the city centre of Boadilla del Monte, Madrid. It was ordered by the Infante Don Luis Antonio de Borbón y Farnesio and it was built between 1763 and 1765 by Ventura Rodriguez, one of the most important architects of the 18th century in Spain, who designed prominent buildings during the neoclassical period in the city of Madrid. Besides the building itself, the Palace also holds a garden and a wild area.
The palace was the main residence of the Infante Don Luis from 1765 to 1776.
During the Spanish Civil war the building was severely damaged, besides the loss of many pieces of art.
In the year 1974 it was declared National Monument and in 1998 was purchased by the Council of Boadilla del Monte, who had thought of using the building as the headquarters of the European Institute of High Education in Culture and Communication.
In the year 2006 the Council transferred the Palace to the SGAE (General Society of Authors and Publishers) for a period of 75 years, to install its headquarters. However, at the end of 2009 the project was rejected by the Cultural Heritage Commission of Madrid, as it was considered that it endangered the archeological remains found in the garden. That is the reason why the Council decided to stop the transfer.
The Palace has undergone some restorations, for example in 1944, after the Civil War, in 1973 and in 2006.